January 9, 2014 @ 6:33 pm (Permalink)
Caity nominated me for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
I feel very honoured she nominated me since I don’t consider myself to be a “new” blogger at all, so I am almost wondering if I do not really qualify! Still, I figured since she nominated me, it’d be rude to not accept the honours! :)
The way it works is to answer 11 questions from the one who nominated you, and then you nominate few bloggers, and give them 11 questions, too. Caity’s questions are:
1. If you could have one thing right now, big or small, what would it be?
One thing I really would like right now is more time. I sure would like more time during the day to do my hobbies! My work schedule is quite demanding, so I am usually mentally and physically exhausted when my shift ends, so it really doesn’t give me much energy or time to do what I want. Luckily, a three-day weekend’s coming up soon, so I am looking forward to that!
2. What was/is your favourite subject at school?
Band was my favourite subject in high school because of my wonderful band teacher. My favourite subject in undergrad was English, hence my major, LOL. For my postgraduate studies, my favourite classes were the “Youth and Technology” and “Creativity in Teaching and Learning”.
3. What is your favourite book?
This is a tough question for me! There are so many books I adore, so picking one is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Browse through my favourites shelf on Goodreads. I really cannot choose a single book!
4. What is your favourite song at the moment?
Funny. I hardly listen to music now, so I have no favourite song at the moment. I need to remedy that by listening stuff on Winamp again!
5. Where do you get inspiration for blogging?
From whatever happens in my life or from what I see around the Internet, especially from other bloggers. :)
6. What are your favourite breakfast foods?
Hash browns! I love potatoes, so I could eat those every day!
7. What would you like to be remembered by?
I am not sure I fully understand this question, but I’d like to be remembered by my friends. I’d like them to remember me and all the fun times we’ve had :D
8. If you could have a secret power, what would it be?
Teleportation. Seriously. Do you know how much money I could save on transportation fares?! Especially aeroplane fares?
9. Share one thing that is on your bucket list.
To visit United Kingdom and go see the Buckingham Palace guards face to face. They’ve fascinated me since I was a kid, and I’d love to see them in reality!
10. What is the FIRST thing you would do if money was no option?
Visit United Kingdom, Europe, and Japan!
11. What is the most important thing you learned in 2013?
Doing the right thing can be super tough and the consequences sucks a lot, even if you know you did the right thing.
With those answered, I now nominate:
The 11 Questions are:
1. What is the hobby you’ve been doing the longest? What influenced you to that hobby?
2. What is your favourite techno gadget, that one thing you couldn’t live without?
3. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
4. Are there any thing you’re looking forward to in 2014? What are they?
5. What languages can you speak other than English? How well do you speak them?
6. What’s your stance on eBooks versus paper books?
7. Which tourist sight do you want to visit in the future?
8. If you could meet one historical person, who would it be and why?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. If you won a huge sum of money right now, what would you do with it?
11. Which social media do you like using the most?
There you go, folks! Enjoy!