Staycation Plans

October 13, 2009 @ 9:26 pm (Permalink)

Anime camera girl

From October 15 to 21, I am on leave from work. I’m so happy my leave got approved. Originally, I had planned on going to Tokyo this week, but that didn’t work out, so I decided to just still take a shorter leave and enjoy some staycation time. I’m excited since I haven’t had such a long break like this since I think January. Time to start partying! I already have tentative plans jotted down in my planner. I hope to not just be a bum at home for the entire week. I want to go out and do stuff. Anyway, here’s a list of my plans so far.

October 15 — Thursday
* Go to Commissary to run some errands.
* Go to SAHS and talk to Jostens representative and stop by Coach’s room.
* Meet “Gina” at Huam-dong area at 2:00 pm and go to my neighbourhood for kebabs and coffee.

October 16 — Friday
* Go down to Osan Air Force Base to check out the BX, eat at Checkertales, and have fun with my friend “Alan”.

October 17 — Saturday
* Meet Gina and go visit one of the palaces — either Changdeokgung or Gyeongbokgung.
Believe it or not, I have never been to the two famous palaces of Seoul. At least I can say that I have been to Deoksugung.

October 18 — Sunday
* Meet a co-worker and go to Insa-dong.
If that doesn’t happen, then it’s going to be a day of relaxing for me.

October 19 — Monday
* Have to go to the Immigration Office to renew my visa. FUN, NOT.
* Since I’ll be in the area, I may as well check out the newly renovated Gwanghwamun Plaza.

October 20 — Tuesday
* Go to commissary and SAHS to do some errands.
* Anything goes here. Maybe I can get Gina to go somewhere with me that day.

October 21 — Wednesday
* Relax and try to get back into the mentality of returning to work. Ugh. T_T.

Dun, dun, dun! Those are my tentative plans. Better get my camera and the money ready for all this. Time to have some fun!

. . . But first, time to survive tomorrow. Another long day awaits me.

10 Responses to “Staycation Plans” | Filed Under: Korea, Social Life, Work

1. Georgina on October 14, 2009 @ 5:53 am #

Aww, sweet plans. I hope you get that relaxing day in between though; I know I’d want it. You could be dead tired. D:

There aren’t really famous cities/towns around my area that I haven’t visited. I guess I’ve been to the city and all that, though. I would like to visit some of the countryside cities though.

Renewing visas. Not fun. I just know that anything to do with the immigration office, passports, and department of foreign affairs stuff – tedious and time consuming. O_O

Haha thanks, by the way. :D I did work hard on it! I had some apparent 6% of my essay being similar to other sources but that’s alright. I’m sure they won’t penalise me for so little.

[Reply]

2. Angel on October 14, 2009 @ 5:56 am #

I’m so excited for you! I won’t have a vacation until next month. However it sounds like you have plenty of fun activities planned (minus the visa and preparing to return to work). Vacations are a must in these stressful times. Good luck!

[Reply]

3. Shiri on October 14, 2009 @ 9:35 pm #

Sounds like an interesting week. I always make lists / write to-do lists on my calendar for those few off-days that I get from uni or work.

[Reply]

4. Aichee on October 14, 2009 @ 11:10 pm #

Looks like someone’s almost fully booked on her leave. Haha. I hope you enjoy your time off though. I really need my sem break right now. I’m glad I only have a week and a half left. YAY! Have fun! Going back to work/school sucks super!

[Reply]

5. Morgan on October 15, 2009 @ 7:47 am #

Wow! Looks like you have quite the busy staycation planned. Good for you. I hope that you do get a chance to sort of veg and relax at some point; that’s one of the joys of a vacation, after all. Taking a break from the madness of your regular life and just letting loose and mellowing out! As I type all of this, I want to just jump on a plane with Brett to the Bahamas and sit on the beach with an island drink and well, just sit there I guess. Probably under an umbrella. Ah, that would be nice.

Back to the real world, though. I hope you have a great time doing all of these fun things! Take pictures of your little voyages around Seoul!

-M.

[Reply]

6. Kim on October 15, 2009 @ 10:58 am #

Yayyyyy, I hope you enjoy yourself and relax even with your crazy schedule! It’s great to take some time off for yourself and just recollect.

[Reply]

7. Ongaku on October 16, 2009 @ 12:49 am #

Yay for time off! I always love time off. I’m waiting to get more but I’m all out of PTO until May Dx

Have a good time!

[Reply]

8. Cat on October 17, 2009 @ 1:31 am #

That’s cool that you have everything planned out. Knowing me, I’d probably just be lazy every day XD;; Hope you have a good and relaxing break!

[Reply]

9. Gillian on October 17, 2009 @ 4:02 am #

Yeah, it was frustrating. But I guess it’s my fault for somehow not backing this up properly. At least that will never happen again cause I installed a plugin that automatically sends me back ups.

WOO, I’m very glad to have my site back up too. :)

That’s great news that your leave got approved. :D You deff deserve it. Dayum, you’ve got the whole schedule ready already! :O I wish I was that organized.. I just decide to do things like 2 minutes before lmao.

You’re lucky that you’ll get to visit those palaces. Sounds really fun!

LOL, renewing visas is definitely a pain in the arse. My parents always complain about it. :P

[Reply]

10. Rita on October 17, 2009 @ 6:40 am #

Have fun! looks like you got a ton of awesome fun stuff to do while you’re taking time off! I wish I could take time off too to hang out with you! Spending time with friends at fun places is definitely worth it! Enjoy your time off, Tara-chan~~~!!!

[Reply]