Staycation Plans

This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.

Anime camera girl

From October 15 to 21, I am on leave from work. I’m so happy my leave got approved. Originally, I had planned on going to Tokyo this week, but that didn’t work out, so I decided to just still take a shorter leave and enjoy some staycation time. I’m excited since I haven’t had such a long break like this since I think January. Time to start partying! I already have tentative plans jotted down in my planner. I hope to not just be a bum at home for the entire week. I want to go out and do stuff. Anyway, here’s a list of my plans so far.

October 15 — Thursday
* Go to Commissary to run some errands.
* Go to SAHS and talk to Jostens representative and stop by Coach’s room.
* Meet “Gina” at Huam-dong area at 2:00 pm and go to my neighbourhood for kebabs and coffee.

October 16 — Friday
* Go down to Osan Air Force Base to check out the BX, eat at Checkertales, and have fun with my friend “Alan”.

October 17 — Saturday
* Meet Gina and go visit one of the palaces — either Changdeokgung or Gyeongbokgung.
Believe it or not, I have never been to the two famous palaces of Seoul. At least I can say that I have been to Deoksugung.

October 18 — Sunday
* Meet a co-worker and go to Insa-dong.
If that doesn’t happen, then it’s going to be a day of relaxing for me.

October 19 — Monday
* Have to go to the Immigration Office to renew my visa. FUN, NOT.
* Since I’ll be in the area, I may as well check out the newly renovated Gwanghwamun Plaza.

October 20 — Tuesday
* Go to commissary and SAHS to do some errands.
* Anything goes here. Maybe I can get Gina to go somewhere with me that day.

October 21 — Wednesday
* Relax and try to get back into the mentality of returning to work. Ugh. T_T.

Dun, dun, dun! Those are my tentative plans. Better get my camera and the money ready for all this. Time to have some fun!

. . . But first, time to survive tomorrow. Another long day awaits me.

Comments

1. Aww, sweet plans. I hope you get that relaxing day in between though; I know I’d want it. You could be dead tired. D:

There aren’t really famous cities/towns around my area that I haven’t visited. I guess I’ve been to the city and all that, though. I would like to visit some of the countryside cities though.

Renewing visas. Not fun. I just know that anything to do with the immigration office, passports, and department of foreign affairs stuff – tedious and time consuming. O_O

Haha thanks, by the way. :D I did work hard on it! I had some apparent 6% of my essay being similar to other sources but that’s alright. I’m sure they won’t penalise me for so little.

2. I’m so excited for you! I won’t have a vacation until next month. However it sounds like you have plenty of fun activities planned (minus the visa and preparing to return to work). Vacations are a must in these stressful times. Good luck!

3. Sounds like an interesting week. I always make lists / write to-do lists on my calendar for those few off-days that I get from uni or work.

4. Looks like someone’s almost fully booked on her leave. Haha. I hope you enjoy your time off though. I really need my sem break right now. I’m glad I only have a week and a half left. YAY! Have fun! Going back to work/school sucks super!

5. Wow! Looks like you have quite the busy staycation planned. Good for you. I hope that you do get a chance to sort of veg and relax at some point; that’s one of the joys of a vacation, after all. Taking a break from the madness of your regular life and just letting loose and mellowing out! As I type all of this, I want to just jump on a plane with Brett to the Bahamas and sit on the beach with an island drink and well, just sit there I guess. Probably under an umbrella. Ah, that would be nice.

Back to the real world, though. I hope you have a great time doing all of these fun things! Take pictures of your little voyages around Seoul!

-M.

6. Yayyyyy, I hope you enjoy yourself and relax even with your crazy schedule! It’s great to take some time off for yourself and just recollect.

7. Yay for time off! I always love time off. I’m waiting to get more but I’m all out of PTO until May Dx

Have a good time!

8. That’s cool that you have everything planned out. Knowing me, I’d probably just be lazy every day XD;; Hope you have a good and relaxing break!

9. Yeah, it was frustrating. But I guess it’s my fault for somehow not backing this up properly. At least that will never happen again cause I installed a plugin that automatically sends me back ups.

WOO, I’m very glad to have my site back up too. :)

That’s great news that your leave got approved. :D You deff deserve it. Dayum, you’ve got the whole schedule ready already! :O I wish I was that organized.. I just decide to do things like 2 minutes before lmao.

You’re lucky that you’ll get to visit those palaces. Sounds really fun!

LOL, renewing visas is definitely a pain in the arse. My parents always complain about it. :P

10. Have fun! looks like you got a ton of awesome fun stuff to do while you’re taking time off! I wish I could take time off too to hang out with you! Spending time with friends at fun places is definitely worth it! Enjoy your time off, Tara-chan~~~!!!