Viva la Vida Sheet Music

September 2, 2009 @ 11:31 pm (Permalink)

It had been a while since I created a sheet music based off my own arrangement of songs, the last occurring in March and April ’08. However, I was really inspired by that piano and cello duet that fused Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” and Coldplay’s “Viva la Vida” to try and see if I can figure out the latter on the piano.

I surprisingly did, and it took me two days to get the basics chords and the melody lines down. Then it took me about a day (Night? I stayed up until 4am) to notate my findings on Finale Notepad. I discovered something — notating music is like coding in HTML and CSS. All it is is one long trial and error process. ~_~;; Believe it or not, the second measure killed me for about thirty minutes because I couldn’t figure out which notes durations I had to use to get that exact rhythm right. Luckily, once I got over that measure, everything else was a piece of cake.

But that’s one unexpected project out of the way! Along with that, I decided to update my “Canon in C Major” arrangement (basically just added in eight measures). “Viva la Vida” and the others can be found here. Check them out! Listen to the midi files! Take my .MUS files and play with it yourself!

11 Responses to “Viva la Vida Sheet Music” | Filed Under: Computer/Webpage, Music

1. JJ on September 2, 2009 @ 11:44 pm #

Impressive! I suck at transposing/transcribing music, although I can play things by ear okay. I learned “Love Story” for the piano and guitar the other day. I suck. But the song is so pretty! It’s also pretty easy because it’s only four chords and a very basic progression (D, A, G, Bm—wash, rinse, repeat, shake things up here and there) so I adapted that for the piano. :)

[Reply]

2. Kim on September 3, 2009 @ 2:22 am #

Wow, I am really impressed! I used to always look for sheet music, but I don’t really play anymore.

[Reply]

3. Shiri on September 3, 2009 @ 4:16 am #

Hurrah, thank you for the sheet music! I was sad to notice that they had taken the video down (cello/piano).

[Reply]

4. Angel on September 3, 2009 @ 7:11 am #

That’s wonderful! It’s always nice to be able to create such wonderful things.

[Reply]

5. Vickie on September 3, 2009 @ 9:40 am #

My brother loves to transcribe / notate like you, too. :D I only pluck short pieces on my violin.

[Reply]

6. Damita on September 3, 2009 @ 5:03 pm #

Whoa! That is so amazing, you are so talented!

[Reply]

7. Georgina on September 3, 2009 @ 8:28 pm #

Haha speaking of which, long nails are good for ear picking…

I play the piano but I’m terrible at transposing music. For me, writing in HTML isn’t much of a challenge. I’m really impressed that you managed to get all that done! :)

[Reply]

8. April on September 4, 2009 @ 10:28 am #

The musician on the go! Wow. You must be so persistent on transcribing notes. That’s my waterloo but I am more than willing to learn. Writing HTML is easier than what you did. For that, great job!

[Reply]

9. Caity on September 6, 2009 @ 11:12 am #

That’s awesome! Good job! :D

[Reply]

10. Becca on September 6, 2009 @ 5:02 pm #

TARA YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Making your own sheet music from just listening to the songs… that is crazytalk! maybe you should do a little recording and let us hear? :) :):) :) :) yes!

[Reply]

11. avocado on September 19, 2009 @ 3:47 pm #

Hey….
    i mean this is a pretty good music sheet..
    but i think that there should be some words to it….
    but thanks..